Monday, March 13, 2006

Run on.

early morning sweat startles me from the driftwood i would call "sleep" if i ever got used to the way it dissolves like the thundercloud cream that puffs in the coffee like deserts i drink to keep eyes open emails i get from ex-boyfriends like headaches i can't scrub when i'm comatose in the tub i can't sit in long enough for steam to rise a drug into my head drenched in luke-warm new jersey air of a crooked park bench on an evergreen lawn trimmed unreal poetry i can't write about happy children as white as my knuckles when palms bleed the screams from my mother become my own pleas at age 50 when men that have left me are picketfence tallies in notebooks blank as the men that have loved me are recurrent dreams in the driftwood i'll tell myself is somehow sleep

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

spot. the hell. on.

i've read it twice now out loud -- in one breath-goes. the rise and fall and the punctuated beats of the rhythm -- perfect.

fantastic.

imogen
www.doggerel.blogspot.com

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger swirl of anonymity said...

that's a great compliment coming from you. thanks. :]

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best cars
national car rental
car donation
auto loan
online car insurance
used car for sale
car insurance
car insurance rate
car accident

 

Post a Comment

<< Home